Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Verbatim

Aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem - Remember when life's path is steep to keep your mind even. (Horace)

Age. Fac ut gaudeam - Go ahead. Make my day

Aio, quantitas magna frumentorum est - Yes, that is a very large amount of corn

Amicus verus est rara avis - A true friend is a rare bird

Brevis ipsa vita est sed malis fit longior - Our life is short but is made longer by misfortunes. (Publilius Syrus)

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam - I have a catapult. Give me all your money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head

Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre? - Is that a scroll in your toga, or are you just happy to see me?

Liberate te ex inferis - Save yourself from hell

Mater tua criceta fuit, et pater tuo redoluit bacarum sambucus - Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione - I'm not interested in your dopey religious cult

Non vereor ne illam me amare hic potuerit resciscere; quippe haud etiam quicquam inepte feci - I don't think anyone knows I love the girl; I haven't done anything really silly yet

Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae - There is no one great ability without a mixture of madness

Obscurum per obscurius - The obscure by means of the more obscure

Omne initium est difficile - Every beginning is difficult

Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis - You do not know the power of the dark side

Quid agis, medice? - What's up, Doc?

Scio me nihil scire - I know that I know nothing. Certain knowledge cannot be obtained. (Socrates)

Sit vis vobiscum - May the Force be with you

Sona si latine loqueris - Honk if you speak Latin

Stultus est sicut stultus facit - Stupid is as stupid does

Suntne vacci laeti - Are your cows happy?

Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure - I can't hear you. I have a banana in my ear

Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur - Oh! Was I speaking Latin again? Silly me. Sometimes it just sort of slips out

No comments: