Friday, September 5, 2008

The Lake

When to the lake today. My stepfather had to pick up his boat motor, so I tagged along. We stopped over at the little shops to view the lake from the "boardwalk". I love to sound of crashing water on the shore even though the water is dirty brown. The sky was too cloudy to see Toronto -- bummer. Before we left we saw a sign for free wine tasting. Free is the best! The wine was from a local winery we had visited many times before, and this place rotates the winery it features. The woman who gave the tastes is a local jazz singer. She also informed us of poetry readings on Wednesdays. My stepfather later joked that we should go but that he would have to write a poem first. I suggested something like:

"Floating in a big lake
big sky, little wave
in a little green boat

I am a fisherman
but I catch no fish"

He was pleasantly amused.

No comments: