Monday, February 23, 2009

Big Sit Vow

Body
I will restore my body by being a better vegan, getting more sleep and getting more exercise.
I will nourish my body by drinking more water, seeing a doctor and avoiding processed foods.
I will honor my body by losing fat, getting more fresh air and sitting properly.

Mind
I will work with my mind by meditating daily for a minimum of 20 minutes.
I will study the Genjokoan by daily reading, and viewing Enkyo Roshi’s dharma talks at community.tricycle.com.

Spirit
I will renew my spirit by walking and meditating in the forest and by the water.
I will strengthen my spirit by committing to daily practice.
__________________

• Sit in formal meditation for 20 minutes each day.
• Listen to one dharma talk each week on our community page (community.tricycle.com.)
• Study Dogen’s Genjokoan, the text selected for the period.

• [re]Commit to the sixteen bodhisattva precepts.
• Practice with others at tricycle.com or at a local meditation center.

No comments: