Saturday, February 21, 2009

Registry

My brother had managed to make a mess of his computer, again. I tried installing a couple of programs for him and could not because of two different directory errors. One was an invalid path in regards to the 'My Pictures" folder and the other could not find the 'My Music' folder. My Mom looked up the errors as I did not have time, and when she thought she found the answer she showed me. After glancing it over I agreed this was the answer. I knew what the problem was and what I need to do to fix it, I simply did not know how to get to where I need to be to fix the problem. I am MAC oriented, and am trying to catch up with Windows. When I finally got to the errors in the registry, they were so obvious. I added, deleted and re-wrote where I needed to and everything, relating to this problem, was fixed and I was able to install his programs.

No comments: