Sunday, March 29, 2009

Exploding Info

I can almost not explain the elation of finishing coding assignment, running it, and the program working. I got up and danced, one of those goofy, whoo-whoo dances -- yeah really. I have been struggling in MySQL/PHP where programs almost work, but not quite. The current assignment was to extract info from a file, create 2 MySQL tables from this info and then display the info in a web table. I also added a delete button (not part of the assignment) which would erase the info from the table, but not the table itself, and reset the auto_increment of the table id back to 1 each time, i.e. so the file could be updated and display the updated info. I could not find the correct code for the reset, so I had to ask. I was so close, and after applying the code to my program, it works as I had wanted it to.

One more program to finish writing, but in a different language -- Python.

No comments: