Sunday, January 25, 2009

Maddening

So yesterday I gave up on my programming assignment and submitted what I had finished. Well, it was not what my professor was looking for but he let me know and told me to re-read the assignment page and try again. Something, perhaps from the deep recesses of my brain, clicked and I instantly knew what I did wrong. Then I had to convert the code example to my information and in one try I was successful. I did not even want to blink at my computer screen, when I saw my table correctly displayed, for fear it would not be true and disappear or it was a figment of my imagination. No, it was really there. I altered the query and ran it again and presto, this one worked as well.

I was not even going to check my email before I went to bed, but I am so glad I did. My professor emailed me this morning, but I have been busy all day and checked my email around 23:00 -- the server shuts down at midnight. I feel so dumb that I could not figure this out before and the answer was right there, probably screaming at me and I simply did not understand. I must say, all my failures from this assignment lead to my eventual success.

No comments: